***100% REMOTE POSITION***
Our client is seeking a VMware vCloud Director expert with a DoD Top Secret Clearance to support the engineering, build, test, deployment and operationalization of a next-generation, DoD on-premise cloud service for DoD. This individual will be a key member of the Solution Architecture team responsible for conceiving and delivering a wide variety of cloud services under a DoD program.
- Responsible for development of a VMware vCloud Director based Infrastructure as a Services (IaaS) solution for DoD.
- Prepares design documentation covering the compute, network and storage infrastructure on which the vCD solution will be built.
- Collaborates with other members of the Solution Architecture team to complete integration with required core services, system security plan and existing infrastructure
- Supports program security team to document the solution and through assessment to achieve FedRAMP High / DoD IL-5 / IL-6 level authorization
- Participates in high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development.
- Applies high-level business and technical principles and methods to difficult technical problems to arrive at creative engineering solutions.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Performs product research, examine product trade-offs, developing presentations, coordinating vendor meetings, and developing documenting.
- Supports the building of a systems administration and operations support capability for the new vCD based solution
- Supports resolution actions for Tier 3 incident tickets
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT II certification (CCNA Security, CySA+**, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- At least 10 years industry experience with at least 5 years focused on:
o Architecting, designing, engineering, integrating, deploying, and maintaining data center Infrastructure preferably within the DOD.
o Hardware to include compute, network, & storage
o Implementing DOD Security Controls
o VMware System Administration Experience
o Developing documentation for architectures, designs, engineering, and operational support.
- A self-starter that drives solutions to implementation
- Ability to mentor junior and mid-level team members to more proficient in the tasks and activities associated with the management of an cloud provider VMware environment
- VMware Certified Professional or Advance Professional preferred
Knowledge of and experience with VMware vSphere, vRealize Operations, vCloud Director, vCloud Availability, vCenter Converter (P2V migrations).
Expert knowledge of vSphere components such as vCSA, PSC, and ESXi.
Expert knowledge of technologies such as vMotion, HA, DRS/SDRS, VDS, Affinity rules, storage vMotion, vSphere Replication, iSCSI, NFS, and SAN.
Ability to automate tasks and procedures with scripting tools such as PowerCLI.
- Experience implementing and operating VMware NSX-V to support a multi-site vCloud Director environment.
- Knowledge and experience with DoD datacenters & infrastructure
Monday, January 4, 2021
Monday, December 7, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!