Elite Technical is seeking a Big Data Administrator to support our customer, a Federal Healthcare Insurance organization, in Washington DC (100% remote due to COVID, but will be expected to go to the DC office post COVID). The selected candidate will have hands-on administration experience with Big Data technologies (kafka streaming, nifi, hbase and solr). Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Install/Configure/Maintain Apache Cloudera tools like Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, HBase, SOLR and File formats like Avro
- Performing/Accessing the databases, Metastore tables and writing Hive, Impala queries using HUE.
- Setting up the High Availability of the Services like Hue, Hive, HBase REST, SOLR and IMPALA on top of the all new clusters that were built on the BDPaas Platform
- Responsible for monitoring the health of the Services on top of the all clusters.
- Working closely with different teams like Application development team, Security team, Platform Support to identify and implement the Configurational changes that are needed on top of the cluster for better performance of the services.
This position is a contract-to-permanent opportunity offering career growth and stability to the selected candidate. If you, or someone you know, is interested in learning more than contact Elite Technical Immediately!
-3+ years of experience with administrative focused responsibilities, such as: installs and maintains Big Data (Cloudera, Horton Works, etc.) clusters in high available, load balanced configuration across multiple (Production, User Acceptance, Development) environments etc-
- MUST HAVE: Kafka Streaming, Nifi, Hbase and SOLR
- Big Plus: Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Flume
- Hands-on administration experience with at least one major Hadoop Distribution such as Cloudera, Horton Works, MapR or IBM Big Insights
- Any Big Data related certifications considered a BIG PLUS
Monday, January 25, 2021
3-6 month T2P
Monday, January 4, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!