Immediate need for a Network Engineer with specific focus around CISCO R&S tasks, LAN/WAN infrastructures, with some automation knowledge. Due to COVID-19, this position is 100% remote with the expectation that once deemed safe, the selected candidate will work out of our client-s Washington DC location. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise network to meet the functional objectives of the business.
* Involved with the network infrastructure, and the planning and design of enterprise local-area/wide-area network (LAN/WAN) solutions.
* Development, administration and maintenance of LAN and WAN infrastructure, ensuring 99.95% minimum availability.
* Primary responsibilities include support of current data network transport services. Includes routine maintenance, software and hardware upgrades, monitoring and troubleshooting.
* Optimizes performance and adapts network design due to physical alterations and traffic requirements. Ensures resiliency is implemented at crucial points in the network to guarantee maximum availability. Research, design and implement new network related initiatives. Includes mandates from business areas, enterprise driven projects, relocation of personnel and installations of new enterprise sites. Work along with other network engineers and IT areas on day-to-day tasks and projects. May be required to work on disaster recovery/business resumption initiatives.
* Develop and maintain network documentation, policies, procedures and configuration information.
Please contact Elite Technical immediately to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
* BS Degree in Information Management or a related field, with 4+ years related Network Engineering experience
*Cisco focused certifications are highly preferred, but not required
* Must have a well-round/solid understanding Cisco R&S related tasks and procedures
* ACI configuration knowledge
*Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructure
*Basic knowledge/understanding of Automation tools (Ansible) would be a BIG PLUS
*Basic knowledge around Cisco security tools (Palo Alto, firewalls etc...) would be a BIG PLUS
Monday, January 4, 2021
Thursday, December 10, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!