Immediate need for a Performance Test Engineer who assists in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of assigned systems through the development and execution of efficient, automated test plans, cases and scripts with focus on Performance and Non-Functional Testing. The Performance Test Engineer will be responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, and managing automated performance testing scripts. S/he must be able to communicate effectively in collaboration with the systems and development teams to troubleshoot performance and scalability issues. The individual will be part of the Performance Testing team. Following are the responsibilities:
1. Define and develop performance test plans and automated scripts using industry standard testing tools. Executes performance test, analyze and evaluate test results; generate performance metric reports and provide recommendations.
2. Assists with analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
3. Review and analyze business & system requirements and specifications for performance testability.
4. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
5. Work with functional Tester and Development counterparts to ensure adequate coverage for upcoming releases and keep up-to data with system changes that impact performance testing.
6. Assists and coordinates with customers, the research, analysis and proposed solutions to test discrepancies and test scenarios. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer-s request and obtain information to create test data.
7. Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, JAD sessions etc.)
8. Participates in system architecture change reviews and assessment of system capacity impacts. Benchmarks system performance.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, etc.)
- 5-8 years of experience in a technical discipline, 3 of which must be in automated software and enterprise testing
- 1-3 years of experience in performance testing concepts and techniques
- Experience with at least 2 relational database management systems (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Experience with the following performance testing toolsets: HP Performance Center / Loadrunner, CA (Wily Introscope)
- Experience with HP ALM
- Proven proficiency with: SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong understanding with system and application monitoring concepts (perform counters, any other diagnostic utilities)
- Strong understanding of Server, Network, Virtualization and Database concepts.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality assurance life cycle and testing methodologies
- Strong understanding of performance testing concepts, types of system performance tests and their goals
- Experience with defect tracking tools (e.g., Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, HP ALM)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (in English)
- Healthcare Insurance industry experience is a BIG PLUS
Monday, January 11, 2021
12 months ++
Thursday, December 17, 2020
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!