Our client is seeking a VMware Systems Administrator with a DoD Top Secret Clearance to support the deployment, documentation and sustainment of a next-generation, DoD on-premise cloud services for milCloud 2.0 program. This position is based in Chantilly, VA with occasional travel as needed to help support other locations.
- Work closely with engineering during the developments of multiple VMware vCloud Director based Infrastructure as a Services (IaaS) environment solutions for DoD.
- Supports the building of a systems administration and operations support capability for the new vCD based solutions.
- Apply system hardening, STIG settings and resolve vulnerabilities found by Nessus scans.
- Design, document and publish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the build and sustainment of the VMware infrastructure.
- Support daily environment operations including patch levels and advanced troubleshooting support.
- Share knowledge with existing System Administrators through documentation, presentations, deep dive technical sessions, etc.
- Produce and execute test plan procedures for upgrades and installation of new virtualization products.
- Automate tasks for the operations team such as patching, infrastructure configuration changes and reporting.
- Work closely with vendors to identify and resolve product bugs and initiate feature requests.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Apply vendor best practices for vSphere, NSX, vCloud Director, vRealize Suite, etc.
- Identify and remediate deviation from reference architecture.
- Supports resolution actions for Tier 2/3 incident tickets
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT II certification
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification
- Experience with VMware vSphere and similar component services
- Extensive infrastructure knowledge and hands-on experience with DoD datacenters & infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience deploying, and maintaining data center Infrastructure preferably within the DOD.
- 5+ years of hardware experience to include compute, network, & storage
- 1+ years of experience implementing DOD Security Controls
- 3+ years of VMware System Administration experience
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience developing documentation for operational support.
- A self-starter that drives solutions to implementation
- Ability to mentor junior and mid-level team members to more proficient in the tasks and activities associated with the management of a cloud provider VMware environment
- Willing to provide support at the designated work location above
Monday, April 26, 2021
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!