Our client is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to help support their client's milCloud 2.0 program and report onsite in Chantilly, VA. This position will require rotating on-call and after-hours maintenance windows support (as needed) to include occasional travel to other site locations. NOTE: Due to the type of access this role entails, the selected Engineer MUST WORK ONSITE MONDAY to FRIDAY (Remote/Telecommuting is not an option).
- Analyzes customer requirements and provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate complexity.
- Performs maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and networks.
- Maintains network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies and maintains system backup and recovery capability.
- Configures systems for data communication networks.
- Supports the design, installation, and build of hardware and software components for computer or telecommunications networks.
- Troubleshoots and support daily operations including responding to and resolving incidents.
- Maintains current knowledge and documentation of relevant technology as assigned.
- Must be US Citizen due to government requirement
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance (or IT1 with current SSBI/T5 investigation)
- Bachelors Degree in related technical discipline OR equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing and Switching (CCNP R&S)
- 5 years experience supporting network engineering
- Experience performing maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and networks. (i.e. Cisco Nexus/ASR, Palo Alto, VMware NSX)
- Experience with troubleshooting network connectivity and performance issues
- Experience with data center/enterprise operational maintenance support
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, TCP/IP routing and switching
- Understanding or knowledge of cloud networking concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to work with business partners, engineering, operations and vendors
- Quick learner, detail oriented, demonstrable thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment (high sense of urgency)
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment as well as independently
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to support the work site designated above, to include rotating on-call and after hours support
Monday, April 26, 2021
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!