Elite Technical has immediate opportunities available for junior to mid-level mechanical engineers for assignment with our client's Launch Vehicle Division located in Chandler, AZ. This is a long-term contracting role with a highly regarded aerospace and defense company.
The selected candidate will perform analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of the client's products. You will generally work from preliminary studies developed by higher graded engineers and:
Analyze requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems.
Select applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the product.
Release results as design data after review by higher graded engineers.
Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary design concepts.
Evaluate completed design with supervisor and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs requires to evaluate design work.
Sampling of Job Responsibilities:
1.Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems of company products. Use advanced structural and product design engineering software tools.
2. With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems. Applies engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
3. Makes an extra effort to provide quality customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
4. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes.
5. Perform complex engineering design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects.
6. Develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, etc.
7. Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results.
8. Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution.
9. Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
10. Perform research for related engineering projects.
11. Represent the organization as a contact on projects.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline and 3 years of relevant work experience or Masters degree in Engineering & 1 year of relevant work experience.
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain a secret clearance.
Solid knowledge of GD&T principles and application to designs.
Experience performing analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems.
Experience with advanced structural and product design engineering software tools.
Monday, February 22, 2021
Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!