Our client, a major Healthcare Insurance organization based in Washington DC, is seeking a Systems Engineer with specific knowledge/experiences with Linux migration projects, specifically moving away from AIX/WebSphere to Tomcat/Linux environments. We are seeking candidates that can assist with the build and execute the strategy to migrate Legacy applications from AIX/WAS to RHEL/Tomcat. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist with the automation activities, specific tools would be Python (required), Java (big plus),Groovy (big plus), Go (big plus), etc.
IAC Tools for Platform Automation: Strong skills and experience in: Ansible, Yaml, Rhel, Tomcat
- Monitors and manages the Stability, Availability, and Performance of enterprise systems and platforms across IT domains (e.g., Systems, Network, Storage, Security) by analyzing systems to identify problems, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain and continually improve (patch and upgrade) our Cloud-based infrastructure.
- Engage in and improve the end to end Lifecycle of services, starting from Inception & design, deployment, operations, and refinement
- Support activities, including System design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- Systems Scalability and sustainability leveraging automation and strive to improve our systems with changes that improve reliability and velocity
This is a long term contract position with our client. Initially, this will be 100% remote but our client does have 2021 plans to return to the office in Washington DC. If you are interested in learning more, then please contact Elite Technical.
- 10+ years of overall experience in IT including, with hands-on Development and Systems engineering background
- Strong Leadership experience with driving Transformation initiatives
- Experience with Aix to RHEL/Tomcat Transformation efforts
- Experience with SRE principles and transformation
- 3+ years of experience with Containerization (Kubernetes), Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, or Google, etc.), DevOps tool chain (Ansible, Jenkins, Artifactory, bitbucket, etc.), and technical patterns (IaC, Automated Provisioning/Release, CI/CD, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Software coding techniques and experience with full spectrum of Software engineering (Build, Integration, Test, Releasing and Deployment) leveraging Python.
- Experience in Developing and/or challenging engineering solutions/practices and collaborating with peers within and outside of immediate team, including customers (Dev, Architects, Engineers)
- Platform Engineering Lead with Hands -on Experience:
- Building robust Middleware Environments
- Scripting and process Automation experience
- Extensive knowledge of Java/J2EE methodology and frameworks
- Extensive RHEL and Scripting experience
- Extensive knowledge of Tomcat
- Knowledge of WAS and MQ Series
- Ability to analyze and trouble-shoot Mid-tier/infrastructure issues.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills (Critical)
- Ability to facilitate technical requirements gathering and design sessions
- Collaborate and interpret business and technical needs
- Excellent attention to detail and deliver quality work products (Critical)
- Strong Customer service skills with internal and external customers (Critical)
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks independently with minimum supervision (Critical)
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Excellent time management ability (Critical)
Monday, March 8, 2021
Friday, February 12, 2021
Know someone who would be a good fit? We pay for referrals!